- Workcamps mainly take place between June and October. Some organizations have offers beyond these periods (school
vacation except summer vacation…)
- The duration is generally one to three weeks.
- The group is made up of 8-20 people, on average under the supervision of several coordinators (technicians and
- Participants are not paid. They have a "volunteer" status. In fact, the workcamp constitutes a form of short-term
commitment which establishes volunteer work. Volunteers can find extensions in other types of Civil Volunteering
actions (www.civiweb.com), European Volunteer Service
- Volunteers finance part of their stay and pay for their trip and enrolment fees. Prices vary according to the
association, to nature of the workcamp, to the age of participants. The enrolment also includes membership to the
association and an insurance.
- The group organizes its stay and functioning, the management of its working time, the choice of leisure activities
and preparation of meals.